- Hits: 147
Requirements of LINAC
System requirements :
- The LINAC shall be able to give electrons and accelerate them .
- The Tube of the LINAC shall allow the observation of the electron path .
Mechanical requirements :
- The cathode shall be able to withstand the thermal and electrical Stress.
- The cathode shall be made of tungsten.
- The anode shall be made of copper.
- The tube shall be made of Glass.
- The vacuum pump used to create a vacuum in the glass tube.
Electrical requirements :
- the power supply shall be able to supply the tungsten with 6V .
- the Tungsten shall be able to give up electrons .
- the power supply shall be able to supply a 60 kv Voltage.
- An isolation must be placed around the anode, so that it does not remain exposed and dangerous.
- All the electric connection shall be coated by the right isolated according to the current and the voltage passing through the connections.
- The cables and connections of 6V shall be isolated with...
- The cables and connections of 60 Kv shall be isolated with...
- For protection against X-Rays, a metal box with a lead plate inside shall be placed at the point of X-Rays emission.
- Lead shall be completely enclosed to ensure that no toxic gases are emitted from it.